Word count: 1500 words
CASE HISTORY: you are to focus on the following case history: an adult man â€œPeterâ€ of 45 years with Down syndrome and a moderate intellectual disability. This man also has a chronic illness which is diabetes. You will need to select Type 2 Diabetes as your chronic illness. This man lives in a community group home that is staffed by support workers and he attends a disability-specific day program Monday to Friday. You are the community nurse managing the holistic care needs of this man.
QUESTION: Review the literature and write a 1500 word essay based on the case history listed above that answers the following statement: â€œCritically analyse the health effects on a person of having Down syndrome, intellectual disability and a chronic illness and the impact of the nursesâ€™ ability to promote the health and wellbeing of the personâ€.
The assessment criterion consists of the following guided statements:
1. Critically analyse the health challenges that may arise across this manâ€™s lifespan as a result of his Down syndrome, moderate intellectual disability and Type 2 diabetes. Interpret how these health challenges may impact on his health and wellbeing. (300 words).
2. Using the International Classification of Functioning â€œICFâ€ Model, discuss how the manâ€™s activity and participation are potentially affected across his lifespan. (300 words)
3. Identify x1 intervention/strategy for managing diabetes from the peer reviewed literature (journals only). How will you as the community nurse adapt this strategy/intervention to ensure optimal health and wellbeing across the manâ€™s lifespan? you selected Type 2 diabetes your intervention/strategy must focus on physical activity and diet. (750 words)
4. Introduction about (75 words)
5. Conclusion about (75 words)
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH WWW.SPEEDESSAYS.COM TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT
Comments or questions are welcome.