How did this experience challenge your assumptions and stereotypes?
• Why do you do service? For self-interest or altruism?
• Describe how teamwork and collaboration played a part in providing a service for the community?
• How does evidenced-based practice relate to community health.
• Describe the importance of health promotion and health teaching in the community setting.
Course Objective: The following course objectives will be fulfilled by participating in this service learning project:
• Identify methods of personal responsibility and accountability in the nursing profession (Professional Idenity).
• Communicate effectively with students, faculty, patients, and staff in all aspects of course learning activities and assignments (Teamwork and Collaboration).
• Explain the concepts of evidenced-based practice, in managing the care of one patient with a commonly occurring alteration in health, in collaboration with the healthcare team (Evidenced-Based Practice).
• Develop a basic teaching plan for an assigned patient using appropriate teaching methods. (Health Teaching & Health Promotion)
2. Select reflection questions to adequately address the service learning project.
3. Personal reflection:
• Describe the importance of this project.
• What did you learn during this service learning project?
4. What is your civic responsibility to the community?
5. How did participation in this event play a role in developing your professional identity?
SLO: Professional Identity