A. Evaluate the two policies in the attached “Health Record Policies” by doing the following:
1. Discuss what information should be included in an addendum pertaining to a shadow chart.
2. Discuss how information technology staff can help decrease incidents of security breaches.
B. Discuss one situation from Montana Code 41-1-402 (2a through 2d) that may result in criminal liability to the
organization if not followed.
1. Summarize how HIPAA defines criminal liability.
2. Explain which part of 2a through 2d of Montana Code 41-1-402 would directly impact actions of clinical staff.
C. Discuss one situation from Montana Code 50-16-603x (1 through 7) specific to health record identification that
may result in a legal claim against the organization if not followed.
1. Develop a confidentiality policy statement (suggested length of 1–2 sentences) using either Montana Code
41-1-402 or Montana Code 50-16-603.
D. Compare three points in the Montana codes to HIPAA laws as they refer to release of information.
1. Develop a release of information policy statement (suggested length of 1–2 sentences) using either Montana
Code 50-16-541 or Montana Code 50-16-542 for a policy book.
E. If you use sources, include all in-text citations and references in APA format.
Note: Please save word-processing documents as *.rtf (Rich Text Format) or *.pdf (Portable Document Format) files.
Note: When bulleted points are present in the task prompt, the level of detail or support called for in the rubric
refers to those bulleted points.