For this assignment, please write a well structured and well supported essay of 500-600 words. Please use 1″ margins all around and make sure you edit your work thoroughly for grammar, style, and spelling. Please make sure to cite your sources in text and provide a complete bibliography at the end. REMEMBER: any information or idea that is not your own MUST BE CITED. Make sure to address ALL parts of the question. Please include the text and bibliography in one paperâ€”not separate documents.
This essays satisfies COLAs #6, #7, #8, and #11.
For this assignment, weâ€™ll compare the Code of Hammurabi and the Torah in regards to the laws both documents established. First, please follow the steps below:
1. Go to the online search engine, the Bible Gateway (www.biblegateway.com)
2. In the Search box, enter the keywords â€œeye for eye.â€
3. Select Old Testament. Please use the New International Version of the Bible. In this assignment we are interested only in results from the books of the Pentateuch or the Torah, Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy.
4. Using the same technique, search for the word â€œslave.â€
5. Reread the Code of Hammurabi in your Andrea/Overfield text. Look for references to the phrase â€œeye for eyeâ€ and â€œslave.â€
6. Compare the references from the Torah with the passages in the Code of Hammurabi which also contain the same phase and word(s).
Now, answer the following questions:
How do those two sets of laws refer to the concept â€œeye for eyeâ€? What similarities and differences do you detect in this regard in the two texts? What do those similarities and differences tell us about the societies, their laws, and development of civilizations in general?
In a similar fashion, please evaluate the two texts in reference to the word â€œslave.â€ What similarities and differences do you detect in this regard in the two texts? What do those similarities and differences tell us about the societies, their laws, and development of civilizations in general?
Now, go back to your discussion on social justice in the Code of Hammurabi you submitted for the lesson on Mesopotamia. Does the comparison with the Torah change your initial reaction to the social justice exercised through the Code of Hammurabi? Please make sure to provide examples to support your answer.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH WWW.SPEEDESSAYS.COM TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT
Comments or questions are welcome.