Please complete questions 1 – 20. I will upload chapter 1.
1. The value of SX + 1 for the following scores are Scores: 3, 0, 5, 2?
2. For the following scores, S(X + 1)2 = 81. Scores: 1, 3, 0, 1?
3. The value of S(X – 2)2 for the following scores is Scores: 1, 4, 1,
4. To compute S(X + 2)2, you first add 2 points to each score, then sum the resulting values and square the sum? True or False
5. The value of SX – 1 for the following scores is? Scores: 2, 4, 7
6. How would the following mathematical operation be expressed in summation notation? “Subtract four points from each score and find the sum of the resulting values.”
A. SX – 4
B. S (X – 4)
C. 4 – SX
D. S(4 – X
7. The value of S(X + 1)2 for the following scores is? Scores: 3, 0, 5, 2
8. The value of S(X + 1) for the following scores is? Scores: 3, 0, 5, 2
9. What is the final step to be performed in the following mathematical expression — (SX)2?
A. square each score
B. add the scores
C. add the squared scores
D. square the sum of the scores
10. For the following scores, S(X – 1)2 = 21. Scores: 1, 5, 2, 3
11. Given scores 1, 2, 0, 4, SX = Blank 1 , SX2 = Blank 2 and (SX)2 = Blank 3 .
12. Gender is measured on a/an Blank 1 scale
13. A recent study reports that infant rats fed a special protein-enriched diet reached an adult weight 10 percent greater than litter-mates raised on a regular diet. For this study, what is the independent variable?
A. the rats given the protein-enriched diet
B. the rats given the regular diet
C. The type of diet given to the rats
D. the adult weight of rats
14. A researcher uses an anonymous survey to investigate the study habits of American college students. The entire group of American college students is an example of a(n)
15. A researcher records the gender of each child born in the county hospital during the month of June. This researcher is measuring a discrete variable
16. A researcher uses an anonymous survey to investigate the study habits of American college students. Based on the set of 56 surveys that were completed and returned, the researcher finds that these students spend an average of 4.1 hours each week working on course material outside of class. For this study, the set of 56 students who returned surveys is an example of a(n) ______
17. To establish a cause-and-effect relationship between two variables, a researcher should use the experimental research method
18. A data set is described as consisting of n = 15 scores. Based on the notation being used, the data set is a sample?
19. An experimental research study typically involves measuring two scores for each individual in one group of participants
20. After measuring two individuals, a researcher can say that Tom’s score is 4 points higher than Bill’s. The measurements must come from a(n) _______ scale.
D. interval or ratio
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂
Comments or questions are welcome.