Research project Assignment
Nurses provide maternal-newborn nursing care to a diverse population of patients from different countries and cultures. These countries and cultures have varying perspectives regarding healthcare practices during pregnancy and childbirth. Understanding the multicultural dimensions and the traditional beliefs of various cultures during pregnancy and childbirth is essential.
1. Select one culture (Latin-American family).
2. Examine the traditional cultural beliefs and practices of the care of the newborn.
3. Discuss the socioeconomic issues of poverty, access to quality healthcare services, family planning and contraception practices.
4. Title page, headings, in-text, reference list, and paragraphs must meet APA 6th edition style and formatting.
5. Adhere to the assignment grading rubric and ensure adequate emphasis on all the criteria.
6. References should come from Journals and course textbook (Maternity& Women’s Health Care 10th Edition (Lowdermilk, Perry,